The City of Minneapolis hosts a workshop for rental property owners and managers. The Rental Property Owners/Managers Workshop (RPOW) is presented by Inspections Services staff.
We cover the City of Minneapolis Renter Protection Ordinances, Rental License Ordinances, and Housing Maintenance Code, Minneapolis Housing Liaison Program, Minneapolis Health Lead Paint Abatement Grant Program, and other resources. We also cover the basic aspects of a rental license inspection.
Attending the workshop will qualify you for a $250 discount on the conversion fee for new rental licenses for five years. You can also submit your proof of attendance from this course to receive a $250 refund on a conversion fee paid in the past two years.
RPOW is free to attend. All workshops take place via Microsoft Teams.
Upcoming workshop dates are:
|Wednesday||August 16||1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||September 13||1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||October 4||9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||November 16||1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||December 13||1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
Register at the link below. Please note the instructions on how to register.
- Click on the workshop that you wish to attend under “Select Service”
- On the calendar below “Select Service” select the month that you wish to attend
- Once the month has been selected, click on the date. The time will appear on the right side of the calendar, click on that as well.
- Under “Add Your Details” type you name, email and phone number. Click on book.
- You are now registered for the workshop and will receive a confirmation email and calendar invite.