Update, close, or print a rental license

We explain how to update, close, or print a Minneapolis rental license.

Update or close a rental license

Use the change contact information form:

  • To change a contact address or phone number on a rental license
  • If a contact person's name has legally changed due to marriage or other reasons. Make sure to submit a copy of the marriage certificate or a signed and notarized affidavit of the name change using the File Upload function in the change request form at the bottom of this page.
  • To close a license

To change or add a new contact person of record:

Resubmit the first page of the rental license application with the owner information, owner’s signature, and the new contact information with a notarized signature.

See Rental license application

Print your rental license

The property's rental license certificate must be prominently posted near the entrance to the unit or building.

Print your rental license

Print a short-term rental certificate

Apply for a rental license

You can submit an application for a new Minneapolis rental license in person, by mail, or online.

See rental license application

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Change contact information form

Contact us

Inspections Services Division

Regulatory Services





Public Service Building
505 S. Fourth Ave., Room 510B
Minneapolis, MN 55415