Expansion of premises
You must update your license if you want to expand where you serve alcohol.
- The new area must connect to your currently approved premises.
- To add a sidewalk cafe, you must complete the sidewalk cafe license application. See Sidewalk Cafe Application
- Private outdoor areas do not need an additional license.
To expand your business operations indoors or outdoors, you must:
- Apply for an expansion of premises license
- Have a current alcohol license in good standing
The City must approve your expansion in advance.
Download an Expansion of Premises Application
We charge a $500 fee for this application.
Submit your application
Submit your application to Business Licenses & Consumer Services
If you have questions, contact:
The information on this page should serve as a guideline only.
Business Licenses & Consumer Services
Community Planning & Economic Development
Public Service Building
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415
7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday