About the project
Grand Avenue was fully reconstructed between West 48th Street and Lake Street to improve the street condition, make safety improvements, improve public transit connections, and add green infrastructure to the area.
- Type of green infrastructure: Bioretention basins and underground detention.
- Collects rainwater from the roads, sidewalks, and buildings and lets it soak into the ground
- Reduces stormwater runoff
- Reduces pollutants discharged to our lakes, streams, and river
- Adds desirable plants and trees
- Reduces hardcover and greens the city
- Creates a community amenity
- Combines safety and environmental goals
For more information on the Grand Ave reconstruction project, click here.