Sample employee agreement
What to know
Minnesota state law prohibits the sale of alcoholic beverages to:
- Anyone under 21 years of age
- Obviously intoxicated people
If your business violates this law, you can lose your license to sell alcoholic beverages.
To follow the law, we suggest including this language in your employee agreement:
- Our store/restaurant/bar commits to the safe and responsible sale and service of alcoholic beverages.
- I have read and understand the information about the sale and service of alcoholic beverages to guests who are under the age of 21 and intoxicated.
- If a person gives me a form of identification, I must carefully check to see if he or she is 21 years or older.
- I will discourage over-intoxication. I will not serve anyone who looks or act obviously intoxicated, even if they are not driving. This includes employees and customers.
- I will not knowingly serve or sell alcoholic beverages to anyone under the age of 21.