Requesting Police Data
Our offices are closed to the public until further notice, but you can still request police data.
To submit a request for MPD data:
- Fill out a request form online
- Fill out a paper form outside the door of Room 31 of City Hall and place completed forms in the request bin, which will be checked frequently by staff
- Call 311 and speak to an agent
PLEASE NOTE: Requests individuals make for data about themselves (“subjects of the data”) will be prioritized during this time.
The Records Information Unit will contact requestors regarding how to collect their data once it has been processed.
MPD Records Information Unit
We answer all requests for Minneapolis Police Department data as stated in department policy and the Minnesota Data Practices law under Minnesota State Statute 13.82.
Body Camera Data
Fees for Data Requests
- Inspection of data in person is always free.
- You will be charged a fee to receive printed or electronic copies of materials and reports.
- Staff will tell you costs before processing requests for printed or copied materials.
- The MPD Records Information Unit accepts cash and checks made out to the City of Minneapolis.
- See Data Charges for Public Access to Public Data.
For more information
- Contact [email protected]
Last updated Jun 19, 2020