The Advocates for Human Rights
- 612-341-9845 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Areas of assistance: Adjustment of status, Asylum applications, Removal Proceedings
- Types of assistance: Help completing forms, filings with USCIS, representation at asylum interviews (credible and reasonable fear interviews), Representation before the immigration court and Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), Federal Court appeals
Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota
- 1(800) 223-1368 or email@example.com
- Priority case and detainee hotline and for questions about Deferred Action (DACA): 651-641-1011
- Priority case types: U Visa, VAWA, cases related to domestic violence, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJ), citizenship, TPS and refugee adjustments.
- Areas of assistance: Adjustment of Status, Consular Processing, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), employment authorization, family-based petitions, NACARA, Naturalization/Citizenship, removal hearings, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, T visas, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), U visas, Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) petitions.
- Types of assistance: Help completing forms, filings with USCIS, representation at asylum interviews (credible and reasonable fear interviews) representation before the Immigration Court and Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), federal court appeals.
Mid Minnesota Legal Aid
- 1-877-696-6529 or 612-334-5970
- Specializes in providing professional legal help to Minnesotans who traditionally lack access to the American justice system and cannot afford the services of a private attorney.
- Areas of assistance: Services include Citizenship, permanent residency, vulnerable youth and seniors, refugees and asylees, VAWA and other related issues
- Types of assistance: Full representation
Volunteer Lawyers Network
- 600 Nicollet Ave South, Site 390A, Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Areas of assistance: Civil law including immigration, family law, housing, employment, criminal expungement, bankruptcy, real estate and others.
- Types of assistance: Free consultations for most immigration matters, asylum help and full representation in some naturalization, U-Visa, DACA renewal and other cases
Other nonprofit organizations that provide immigration assistance
International Institute of Minnesota
- Visit iimn.org/contact or call 651-647-0191, press 2 for immigration services
- Areas of assistance: citizenship, permanent residency for refugees and asylees, employment authorization, DACA, refugee/asylee family petitions, diversity visa, replacement or renewal of immigration documents
- The Institute also offers educational and career development programs and case management for refugees and asylees.
Pro bono walk-in legal clinics