- Career Pathways Trainings offers job seekers free or low-cost, accelerated trainings that prepare them for careers in high demand job sectors including Healthcare, IT, Public Safety and the Trades.
- Minneapolis Works provides Minneapolis jobseekers with personalized career guidance, skills training, and job search services.
- Dislocated Worker Program is a comprehensive career counseling services for individuals who have lost their job through no fault of their own. For adults ages 18 or older.
- Career Works is an individualized career counseling services for adults looking to improve, update, or gain new employment skills.
Job seeker services
The City offers multiple avenues of job opportunities and growth.
- Minneapolis Employment and Training Youth Programs (pdf)
- Step Up is a Summer job program for Minneapolis youth ages 14-21
- Minneapolis Youth Works helps youth and young adults learn academic life and work skills, identify career paths, and achieve meaningful employment.
- 2020 Employment & Opportunity Guide for Minneapolis Youth
- Everything you need to apply for a job
Job training and hiring events
- Virtual Interactive Career Fairs feature live opportunities to meet with Minneapolis and Metro Region employers: join by phone, mobile device or computer with Internet access. Create your Career Fair Profile today!
- Minneapolis Virtual Career Fairs are held monthly.
Find event dates and register
- TechHire is aimed at preparing jobseekers to do programming, coding and other IT-related functions
- City of Minneapolis Job Seeker Bulletin
Learn about available job training and skills enhancement programs and upcoming hiring events through a bi-monthly e-newsletter. Read archived copies online.
Public Service Building
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 320
Minneapolis, MN 55415