Address: 2608 Blaisdell Avenue South
Construction Date: 1889
Architect: Harry W. Jones and Warren H. Hayes
Architectural Style: Romanesque Revival
Historic Use: Religious - Church
Current Use: Religious - Church
Date of Local Designation: 1995
Date of National Register Designation: N/A
Areas of Significance: Cultural History, Master Architects
Period of Significance: 1889-1928
Historic Profile: Calvary Baptist Church exists as an architectural artifact symbolizing the growth and development of a Minneapolis Baptist congregation over a 125-year period. Because it retains the integrity of the original design, the church is representative of many Minneapolis churches erected during the period from 1885 to 1902. Calvary’s presence among a dwindling number of late nineteenth century Minneapolis churches, its long congregational history, and its association with architects Hayes and Jones make it an important contribution to the city’s religious and architectural history.
1953, Norton and Peel, courtesy of the Minnesota Historical Society
2006, Minneapolis CPED
"City of Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Registration Form," April 1994.