Open Streets 2020
2020 Open Streets dates
The City of Minneapolis and the City's Open Streets event organizer, Our Streets Minneapolis, is excited to announce four Open Streets Minneapolis event dates, with three more event dates that are yet to be determined.
- Open Streets Franklin:Sunday, July 12th
- Open Streets East Lake:Sunday, July 26th
- Open Streets Northeast:Sunday, August 2nd
- Open Streets West Broadway:Saturday, September 12th (hosted locally by the West Broadway Business and Area Coalition)
- Open Streets Nicollet: Date TBD
- Open Streets Lyndale: Date TBD
- Open Streets Minnehaha: Date TBD
Changes to Open Streets in 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic presents unprecedented challenges to the City of Minneapolis and Open Streets Minneapolis, including not knowing if and when we can gather for large public events. In response to this uncertainty, we're making a few changes to our typical event season:
1. The City of Minneapolis and Our Streets Minneapolis will not host any Open Streets events in June 2020. We are exploring the possibility of moving both Open Streets Lyndale and Minnehaha to October.
2. We are prepared to cancel any event that poses a significant health risk. We will make data-driven cancellation decisions at least eight weeks ahead of each event.
Our first priority is the health of our community.
In a time of social distancing & economic uncertainty, Open Streets Minneapolis events have the potential to be powerful spaces for community healing. We will continue to make the best decisions we can to increase the chances these events can happen without compromising community health.
For more information, visit the Open Streets website.