Physicals, immunizations, treatment of minor illness and injury, pregnancy tests, sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing and treatment, family planning exams, and prescriptions.
Prevention, early intervention, treatment, and referrals.
Typical issues include depression, anxiety, stress, family and relationship issues, academic issues, and planning for the future.
Students self-refer or are referred by staff, parents, or administrators.
Assessment includes psychosocial screening given to all new clients and a formal diagnostic assessment for all clients participating in ongoing therapy services.
Counseling for sports nutrition, special diets for weight gain/loss, vegetarian diets, and other special dietary needs.
Both individual and classroom presentations on a variety of health issues.
- Routine blood and urine tests, throat cultures, diabetes tests, STD, and pregnancy tests.
- Prescriptions are available.
Health assessment and physical exams
- Routine physicals and health screening
- Sports and employment physicals
- Blood pressure screening
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Minor Illness and Injury
- Flu and colds
- Sore throats
- Sprains and cuts
- Abstinence counseling
- Contraceptive counseling
- Prescriptions and medical referrals - for condoms, birth control
- Menstrual problems
- Sexually transmitted infections - education, diagnosis, treatment
- Pregnancy services - pregnancy tests, referrals for prenatal care
- Routine blood tests
- Urine tests
- Throat cultures
- Weight management
- Sports nutrition
- High blood pressure, anemia, high cholesterol
- Eating disorders
Social work and mental health counseling
- Counseling for a wide range of mental health issues
- Immunizations - Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR); Polio (IPV); Tetanus and diphtheria (TD); Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis (Tdap); Hepatitis B, Meningitis (Menactra), and HPV (Gardasil)
- Smoking prevention and stop-smoking counseling
- STI prevention education
- Classroom presentations on topics of interest to students/teachers