Use these resources and guidelines to keep workers and customers safe at your business or community organization.
I want to
Create a business preparedness plan
See the MN Stay Safe Plan
Guidance for restaurants, bars, and breweries/distilleries
Starting May 7, 2021 Outdoor restrictions for less than 500 people have been lifted. Indoor restrictions and masking mandates still apply.
Resources for business owners
Due to the ongoing public health emergency, Governor Walz and the State of Minnesota are now requiring that all businesses must have a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan implemented for reopening, or no later than June 29, 2020 for critical sector businesses. The City has collected resources for business owners to help create this essential Preparedness Plan, along with other resources to help your business navigate COVID-19.
- For Businesses: Safely Returning to Work from the State of Minnesota
- Guidance on Safely Reopening Minnesota Businesses from the State of Minnesota
- Small Business Relief Program from Hennepin County
- Federal Small Business Administration Guidance & Loan Resources
- Small Business Team in the City of Minneapolis
- See all resources for businesses
Resources for employees
Under the City’s sick and safe time ordinance, employers are required to provide access to sick leave (or more generous leave) to all employees in Minneapolis. Leave must be paid by employers (unless they employ five or fewer workers) and accrual and use balances must be provided on pay stubs.
An employee's accrued sick and safe time hours are legally protected for their use due to COVID-19 symptoms, testing or infection. Protection extends to the employee and the employee's care of a covered family member. Learn more about how COVID-19 impacts sick and safe time protections.
- For Workers: Safely Returning to Work from the State of Minnesota
- Wage theft prevention information from the City of Minneapolis
- Minnesota Department of Labor resources and protections (multiple languages)
- U.S. Department of Labor resources and Paid Leave information
- State of Minnesota childcare information
- Emergency Relief Fund for artists living in Minnesota
- See more resources for workers