Use these resources and guidelines to keep workers and customers safe at your business or community organization.
I want to
View general business guidance
Resources for business owners
The City has collected resources for business owners to help your business navigate COVID-19.
Resources for employees
Under the City’s Sick and Safe Time ordinance, employers are required to provide access to sick leave (or more generous leave) to all employees in Minneapolis. Leave must be paid by employers (unless they employ five or fewer workers) and accrual and use balances must be provided on pay stubs.
An employee's accrued sick and safe time hours are legally protected for their use due to COVID-19 symptoms, testing or infection. Protection extends to the employee and the employee's care of a covered family member. Learn more about how COVID-19 impacts sick and safe time protections.
- For Workers: Worker Protections During COVID-19 Video
- Wage theft prevention information from the City of Minneapolis
- Minnesota Department of Labor resources and protections (multiple languages)
- U.S. Department of Labor resources and Paid Leave information
- State of Minnesota childcare information
- Emergency Relief Fund for artists living in Minnesota
- See more resources for workers