The goal of the Missing Middle Rental Pilot Program is to produce new rental buildings that are between two and 20 units in size. The new buildings must be located on vacant property in Minneapolis and provide units affordable to households at or below 50% of area median income.
Missing Middle Rental Pilot application submissions were due at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 17, 2021, to the SharePoint site. Prior to applicant submission, you must request access to the SharePoint site.
Questions can be directed to Jamie Radel.
Applicant training materials
- Introduction to NOFA
- Q&A Session - available now
- Question and answer document
- Missing Middle Rental Pilot Program
Program application documents
- Proforma & Cash Flow
- 1-3 unit City-owned development sites available
- 4-20 unit City-owned development sites available
- Offer to Purchase (City-owned property) or documentation of site control
- 2020 Income Limits (See Hennepin County)
- Minnesota Overlay and Guide to 2015 Enterprise Green Communities Criteria
- Green Communities Intended Methods – Multifamily
- Green Communities Intended Methods – Single-family
- Minneapolis Affirmative Action Planning
- Minneapolis Small & Underutilized Business Program
- Minneapolis Prevailing Wage
- HUD Section 3
- Minneapolis Planning and Zoning Handouts and Technical Bulletins
- Multifamily Bidding procedures
Contact Jamie Radel if you have additional questions.