Designing a roadmap for our food system
- Develop a 2030 roadmap for Minneapolis food systems action
- Build on previous efforts and plans
- Align with Milan Urban Food Policy Pact
- Incorporate data and community input
The Minneapolis Food Action Plan process was paused due to the pandemic.
- See the Opportunities in City Food Policy presentation - 2018 (PDF)
- See proposed framework - April 2019 (PDF)
- See background and goals - April 2019 (PDF)
- Notes from April 2019 forum (PDF)
- Topical input summary (August 2020)
- Review and proposed pathways to action (October 2020)
- Minneapolis Food Action Plan Feedback
The Minneapolis Food Action Plan builds on previous efforts of the City of Minneapolis.
- 2009, the City of Minneapolis adopted the Homegrown Minneapolis recommendations
- 2011, Urban Agriculture Policy Plan
- 2012, Established the Food Council
- 2013, adopted the Minneapolis Climate Action Plan, the City’s roadmap to reducing citywide greenhouse gas emissions. The Climate Action Plan defers to Homegrown Minneapolis for proposed climate change-related food systems actions, which this effort intends to advance.
- 2017, signed onto the Milan Urban Food Policy Pact
- January 2020, the Minneapolis 2040 plan went into effect
- 2021-2022, gathered community input to establish priorities in the Food Action Plan.
Partners and engagement
Partners working on the Food Action Plan
- University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics
- Princeton University
- Terra Soma Consulting
- Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
- Minneapolis Public Schools,
- Sustainable Healthy Cities Network
- Residents, community organizations, businesses and artists
- Other food systems stakeholders
- City of Minneapolis, Homegrown Minneapolis Food Council
Get involved and get updates
Sign up for e-mail updates from Homegrown Minneapolis.