The goal of these programs are to increase the adoption of energy saving technologies throughout the City of Minneapolis. On this page you will find information on the City's Energy Efficiency incentive and 4d Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs.
Energy efficiency program eligibility
- Project must be Located in the City of Minneapolis.
- Project must not be built or have started construction before applying.
- Project must qualify for an Xcel or CenterPoint utility rebate.
- Green Cost Share Match + Rebate and Other Grants cannot be more than the total cost of the project.
- LED lighting projects requesting more than $5,000 must include a non-lighting component, sensors, or controls.
- Eligible Property Types
- Multifamily (4 units of more)
Look for a complete list of project eligibility and program rules in your Green Cost Share application.
Energy efficiency program incentives
The table below shows the incentives available for energy efficiency projects this year. Your city match is based on the total cost of the energy efficiency project and the incentive category your project qualifies for.
|Incentive Category||Maximum City Match (%)||Maximum City Match ($)||How to Qualify|
|Base Rate||20%||$20,000||Any eligible property.|
|Environmnetal Justice Rate||30%||$30,000||
Any eligible property in;
|Minneapolis Forward Rate||40%||$40,000||Eligible properties significantly impacted by the civil unrest in 2020. Use the space provided in the application questions to explain the physical and economic damage to your property.|
|Energy Benchmarked Building||25%||$75,000||Available to commercial and multifamily residential buildings greater than 50,000 square feet under the city’s Energy Benchmarking ordinance.|
Energy efficiency application
Click the link below to apply by the next application deadline.