Benchmark a building
Review detailed instructions for how to submit data.
Steps to benchmark and submit data
Transfer data to your ENERGY STAR account
To transfer data from Xcel Energy and CenterPoint Energy to your ENERGY STAR account, do one of the following:
- Automatic transfer (recommended): Connect to your ENERGY STAR account to set up an automatic data transfer.
- Manual transfer:
- Manually enter your electricity and natural gas consumption data.
- Get your water consumption data, and manually enter it in your ENERGY STAR account.
After you have updated your building's energy use data in the Portfolio Manager:
- You must complete Step 3 so the City can see your building's data.
- We are not able to view this information until you share it with us through the 2021 Data Request.
Request an extension or exemption
You can request an extension for or exemption to the annual compliance deadline.