For businesses and organizations
The City trees program plants trees on eligible Minneapolis businesses' and non-profit organizations' properties.
We accept requests for trees on a rolling first come, first served basis.
- Trees cost $30 each.
- The cost includes a consultation with a landscaper to find the best trees for your property.
Qualifying for a tree
To qualify, businesses or non-profits must have enough green space to:
- Accommodate a tree or trees
This is critical for the first three years.
Professional planting services
Trees are professionally
- Include watering bags to assist you in caring for the trees
This year will mark our first fall tree sale. The fall 2022 tree sale has two phases:
- Phase I opens Aug. 22 for:
- Green Zone property owners
- Licensed rental property owners citywide
- Phase II opens Sept. 1 for:
- All property owners citywide
- Trees cost $30 each
- All residents can order two trees per property
Since 2006, the City has held an annual spring tree sale for residents. The City Trees program partners with Tree Trust, a local nonprofit, to provide trees to Minneapolis property owners.
The spring tree sale will still take place in March.