City of Minneapolis target goal
In 2014, Minneapolis set a goal to reduce 80% of greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
- We studied more than 70 emission-reduction technologies with Siemen's "City Performance Tool" (CyPT).
- We then modeled our Climate Action Plan priorities of buildings, transportation and energy.
- These models identify potential benefits of the City’s reduction goals.
- Results also include particulate matter (PM), nitrogen oxides (NOx), and job creation.
- In 2016, the Health, Environment & Community Engagement Committee filed the results. View the results.
Other Minnesota agencies have adopted similar greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals.