Street updates in response to covid-19
- Pick-up only zones to support local businesses
- Fewer pedestrian push buttons to reduce the need to touch surfaces
- The City also installed 16 miles of Stay Healthy Streets to support comfortable walking, rolling and biking while social distancing.
- Those have been removed as the State of Minnesota guidance evolves for the Stay Safe Minnesota COVID-19 response.
- The City is taking lessons learned from these emergency installations to inform future investments to support traffic calming, walking and biking on routes prioritized based on safety and community input.