Due to COVID-19. All sales are suspended until further notice. This page will be updated when sales resume. Emails will not be answered at this time.
Nicollet Mall granite pavers
Nicollet Mall, a twelve-block portion of Nicollet Avenue running through downtown Minneapolis, is known as the main street of the shopping district in downtown Minneapolis. Originally developed in 1967, it was renovated in 1990 with granite pavers, in a series of pink, red, and gray straight-lined grids. The high-quality, durable granite pavers are 2 ¼ inch thick and range in size from one to three feet square. Due to the recent renovation, we have over 15,000 Nicollet Mall Granite Pavers available for purchase.
Nicollet Mall Granite Pavers are available on a first come/first served basis to the general public, as well as to City NRP neighborhood organizations, departments, and agencies. Quantities, sizes, and colors will vary, and will change periodically as space allows. Please keep in mind that these are heavy. They may weigh up to 190 pounds each, depending on size, so please plan accordingly. These pavers are to be selected and removed BY HAND ONLY - no machinery (fork lifts, skid loaders, etc., allowed). Currently, we have the following sizes and colors available. This webpage is updated frequently. Specific quantities are not available!
The pavers above in order are red (12x12 and 12x18), gray (12x24 and 24x36), and red/gray (36x36).
|Color||Size (inches)||Square Foot (SF)||Price per||Estimated Weight (lb)|
|Red||12 x 18||1.5||$6.00||45|
|Red||36 x 36||9||$36.00||260|
|Gray||12 x 12||1||$4.00||30|
|Gray||24 x 36||6||$24.00||
OUT OF STOCK
|Gray||24.5 x 36||7.5||$30.00||190|
How to purchase
- Click on the links to the Purchasing Rules Form and Release of Liability Forms below.
- Fill out the forms.
- Either email or mail the forms.
The forms can be found here
Email or mail the forms to Jodie Koenig (See contact info below) or if you prefer, you may print out, fill in and send both forms to Jodie Koenig.
- Attention: Pavers / Paving Bricks
What happens next
- City Staff will then contact you to set up an appointment for you to select, load, pay for, and take your granite pavers.
- Typically, we set two appointments every day (Monday - Friday), one in the morning (8am - 11am), and one in the afternoon (noon - 3pm), except for Fridays - we only have morning appointments available on Fridays. Even if you just want to look, we must have the forms and set an appointment.
- During your appointment, you can make as many trips back and forth as you'd like, but you have to leave a check for payment each time as that's the only kind of payment we can accept.
Who is not eligible for pavers
City of Minneapolis employees are not eligible to purchase pavers, per Minnesota Statute 15.054.