About the fund
The goal of the program is to maintain the long-term feasibility of the place-based neighborhood network system and provide technical and financial assistance to neighborhood organizations that want to consolidate or share resources with each other.
A successful project will:
- Actively involve people who will benefit from the project in its implementation
- Have measurable benefits
- Have a well-planned, realistic work plan and timetable
- Be well-managed, both while the work is ongoing and after its completion
- Show results within six months and be completed within three years
- Demonstrate activities that benefit the long-term organizational partnership of two or more organizations
Recognized Citywide Neighborhood Network Fund supported neighborhood organizations.
Eligible expenses and activities
Funds may be used to cover costs such as staffing, printing and production, fees for professional services including technical assistance and engagement activities used for consolidation and resource sharing efforts.
Maximum combined amount for all three years:
- Two neighborhoods: $15,000
- Three or more neighborhoods: $20,000
This program is intended to be a temporary fund covering the three-year transition period (2021 to 2023). Applications can be up to three (3) years in duration.
- January 20, 2023 – Application available, information sessions begin, and submissions accepted.
- February 28, 2023 – Applications due.
- March 7, 2023 – Applications will be reviewed and scored.
- March 14, 2023 – Contracting process begins.
- June 1, 2023 – Semiannual progress report from 2021-2022 due to NCR.
- Dec. 31, 2023 – Semiannual progress report due to NCR.
- June 1, 2024 – Semiannual progress report due to NCR.
This document contains an overview of the Collaboration and Shared Resources Fund, the application form and a project evaluation scoring sheet for reference.
- Collaboration and Shared Resources Guidelines and Application (Word document download)
NCR support for applicants
NCR staff will screen applications for eligibility. NCR will reach out to organizations who are missing required components and provide technical assistance to complete them.