The One Minneapolis Fund is designed to support diverse leadership and community engagement in the City of Minneapolis.
- Be a non-profit organization registered as a 501(c)(3) with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (or be a not-for-profit university or college based in Minneapolis).
- Have a history of serving people in Minneapolis.
- Show reliable fiscal agency, meeting standards established by the City of Minneapolis.
- Have headquarters located in the City of Minneapolis.
- Receive less than 50 percent of its annual budget from the City of Minneapolis.
- Submit only one application per organization.
- Be a legal entity.
- Cannot be a past recipient of the One Minneapolis Fund with missing components of program requirements, for example a missing final report or other required document.
- A minimum of 75 percent of funding will be awarded to organizations with total annual budgets of less than $1 million.
- Organizations that have not been funded by the City before and represent diverse communities are highly encouraged to apply. Past One Minneapolis Fund recipients are also allowed to apply.
- Local, regional or state governmental entities.
- Organizations that currently receive funding from the Minneapolis Community Participation Program (these) are not eligible to apply directly, but may partner with other organizations on eligible projects.
- Organizations that receive 50 percent or more of their budget from the City of Minneapolis.