The anti-idling ordinance restricts the idling of:
- Cars and other gas or diesel-powered vehicles to no more than three minutes in a one-hour period
- Buses, trucks and other diesel engine-powered vehicles to no than five minutes in a one-hour period
- Vehicles may idle when stopped in traffic.
- An occupied vehicle with a sleeper compartment may idle during a rest or sleep period.
- A passenger bus may idle a maximum of 15 minutes in a 60-minute period while non-driver passengers are on board.