Idling is illegal in Minneapolis
- Cars and other gas or diesel-powered vehicles cannot idle more than three minutes except in traffic.
- Buses, trucks and other diesel engine-powered vehicles cannot idle more than five minutes in a one-hour period.
- Vehicle owners can receive a $200 fine per violation.
- Vehicles may idle when stopped in traffic.
- An occupied vehicle with a sleeper compartment may idle during a rest or sleep period.
- A passenger bus may idle a maximum of 15 minutes while non-driver passengers are on board.