When you visit
A firefighter will:
- Be welcoming.
- Take your vital signs.
- Call an ambulance if you need one.
- Have you safely store illegal drugs if you bring them.
- Ask you to safely store weapons outside the fire station if you bring them.
- Get a peer recovery coach to work with you.
- If the peer recovery coach is on site, you'll be able to meet with them immediately.
- If one is not on-site, a firefighter will call a peer recovery coach. It should be a short wait, a coach is always close by.
- We'll keep you comfortable until the peer recovery coach arrives.
Twin Cities Peer Recovery Coach
A peer recovery coach (PRC) will:
- Meet with you in a private room at the fire station.
- Tell you about the resources and services available. You can choose what works for you.
They will get you the services you need for:
- Harm reduction
A peer recovery coach will be on-site during the week. If you come to the station during this time, you can meet with a peer recovery coach right away.