The Office of Emergency Management helps the City of Minneapolis to:
- prevent disasters
- prepare and plan for disasters
- respond to disasters
- recover from disasters
We do this by:
- Coordinating disaster planning: we write plans that help the City prepare for disasters.
- Training City of Minneapolis employees: we prepare to work together during disasters.
- Managing the Emergency Operations Center: we work with other departments during disasters.
- Sharing information: we share emergency preparedness information.
The Office of Emergency Management protects the people who live, work and play in the City of Minneapolis, our State and our Nation by building, sustaining and improving our capability to prevent, mitigate against, prepare for, respond to and recover from complex incidents and threatened or actual disasters, whether natural or human-caused and acts of terrorism
The Office of Emergency Management promotes safe, resilient communities with the capacity to cope with hazards and disasters — a resilient City government enterprise serving a resilient Minneapolis community.