What we do
The Office of Emergency Management helps the City of Minneapolis to:
- prevent disasters
- prepare and plan for disasters
- respond to disasters
- recover from disasters
We do this by:
- Coordinating disaster planning: we write plans that help the City prepare for disasters.
- Training City of Minneapolis employees: we prepare to work together during disasters.
- Managing the Emergency Operations Center: we work with other departments during disasters.
- Sharing information: we share emergency preparedness information.