We gather and share information to keep people informed about City policies, programs, services and neighborhoods.
- Online: If you want to watch your City leaders in action but can’t make it down to City Hall, we air City Council meetings on TV and stream them on the web.
- In print: That City brochure or poster you’re looking at? We likely produced it.
- Behind the scenes: We’re doing even more behind the scenes. We’re always planning and collaborating with City leaders, departments, and outside organizations to make sure that residents, businesses and visitors of Minneapolis understand what's happening in Minneapolis city government and how it affects their lives.
How we do it
Internet and social media
We publish news and information on the City’s website and beyond.
Find the City of Minneapolis on these social networks.
Get an up-close, unedited view of local government decision-making through live and recorded TV broadcasts and online. Watch programs about City programs and services in English, Spanish, Somali, and Hmong.
These help provide timely and accurate information to the media. Visit our newsroom.
Our graphics division creates a wide-variety of materials to promote City services, departments, and programs.
Biweekly e-newsletter keeps employees informed about what is happening in Minneapolis and highlights the work of City employees.
- Media relations
- Digital communications and video services
We strive to help people who live, work and play in Minneapolis better understand, appreciate and benefit from the work the City does. To do this, we:
- Serve as a driving force in effectively and accurately communicating information about the City
- Promote transparency
- Invite the public to engage in the governing process