The Office of Police Conduct Review publishes public versions of Closed Case Summaries. The summaries provide additional information and transparency regarding complaints as well as outcomes.
A Closed Case Summary can include:
- Information on the initial complaint
- Potential violations for review
- Additional evidence or sources reviewed by investigators
- The routing or final disposition of the complaint
Case summaries will have identifying information removed to ensure that they remain available to the public.
The first three case summaries were released November 2013:
Police Conduct Oversight Commission selection of closed case synopses
At each regular meeting, in order to assist in identifying what closed cases will have public summaries created, the Police Conduct Oversight Commission (PCOC) commissioners are presented with:
- Ten (10) case synopses
- A brief description of the complaint and outcome
Commissioners select three synopses to be presented at the following Commission meeting for analysis as public case summaries.
As public case summaries, they will contain more detailed case information.