Get started working outside of the office with resources from IT. You can learn more about having online meetings, how to access and change your voicemail, and how to request other IT services.
Computers and accessories
Learn about the technology you'll need to work remotely. Find out how to:
- Get a computer or accessory
- Get and connect to VPN
- Get help or report a problem
Find all the resources for online meetings at the City.
- Explore Microsoft Teams features, quick start guides, videos
- Get help with community engagement using online tools
Calls and voicemail
You can request IT services to help you manage your phone calls when you're working remotely.
- Get a conference bridge
- Voicemail quick start guides
- Request voicemail to email forwarding
Easily find, share, and edit files in real time using familiar apps like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel in Microsoft Teams and Office365.
- Securely store, access, share, and collaborate on files at work, at home, or on the go.
- Work together on the same file in real time within Teams with instant, automatic sync and version history tracking.
- Bring your organization together in one team to keep everyone in the loop and ensure everyone has a voice.
Related City policies
Make sure you know City policies about communicating, collaborating and meeting online. You can read more about:
Self-Service password reset
Did you know you can reset your own password, instead of calling the Service Desk? It's a fast and easy way to change your password if you forget it. Set up your secret questions and you're good to go. You can still call the Service Desk, as well.
Support and learning
We want you to be successful while working remotely. Check out these resources for best practices in leading an online meeting, ergonomic tips and more.
As always, if you need technical support or have questions, you can contact the IT Service Desk at any time.
IT Service Desk: 612-673-2525