- The vehicle must be operation under a company which has current motor carrier insurance or appropriate insurance as a private carrier.
- The vehicle must be properly registered.
- The vehicle must be used exclusively for the pickup or delivery of merchandise.
Any other use is strictly prohibited and will result in denial of the application or revocation of the permit, such as:
- Private transportation
- Service work
- Delivery of equipment used for service work (e.g. maintenance company dropping off cleaning equipment without attendant in vehicle)
- Use by salesman for dropping of displays, samples, or to take orders