Special event temporary conditional use permit

Some assembly and amusement gatherings may qualify for a temporary conditional use permit.

What to know

The business or person seeking a special event temporary conditional use permit must submit a plan for review. Plans must be drawn to a minimum 1/8 inch scale and identify:

  • All exits, including widths and door swing
  • Location of tables, chairs, and temporary seating exit signs
  • Exit locations, panic hardware, emergency lighting, portable fire extinguishers

The event organizer must post:

  • No smoking signs
  • Occupant load signs

Download special event temporary conditional use permit application

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415