Special events permits

You need a permit for commercial fireworks displays, tents, temporary structures and more.

Event planning information

This detailed guide lists requirements for different types of special event permits.

Contact us

Regulatory Services


Minneapolis Public Service Building
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 510
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Office hours

8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday