Rental license changes

We explain how to update or close a Minneapolis rental license.

Update or close a rental license

Use the change contact information form:

  • To change a contact address or phone number on a rental license
  • If a contact person's name has legally changed due to marriage or other reasons
    Make sure to submit a copy of the marriage certificate or a signed and notarized affidavit of the name change.
  • To close a license

To change or add a new contact person of record:

Resubmit the rental license application with a notarized signature from the new contact and the owner.

See Rental license application

Apply for a rental license

You can submit an application for a new Minneapolis rental license:

  • Online
  • In person
  • By mail

See Rental license application

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Change contact information form

Contact us

Inspections Services Division

Regulatory Services






Public Service Building
505 S. Fourth Ave., Room 510B
Minneapolis, MN 55415