Training and certifications
The State of Minnesota requires some businesses to have a properly trained and certified individual(s) in place before opening and at all times after opening
These businesses must have an officially trained individual(s) with state recognized certification
- Food businesses - Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM)
- Public swimming pools
- Tattooists & Body Piercers
Certified Food Protection Manager
In Minneapolis, food businesses must have an Minnesota Department of Health Certified Food Protection Manager. The CFPM must be in place before opening and at all times after opening. CFPM training is available in several languages at multiple locations in the metro area.
Vsit Minnesota Department of Health's Certified Food Protection Manager or call 651-201-4500.
Only MDH Certified Food Protection Manager certificates are recognized in Minneapolis.
Somali language Certified Food Protection Manager training
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- September 25 and 26, 2021
- AWAC Services, 2305 Snelling Ave South, Minneapolis MN 55404
- Exam is given on the second day
- $75 for staff managers and owners working in a Minneapolis licensed food business
- $175 for staff, managers and owners at non-Minneapolis businesses
To register, call Farhiya Farah at 612-702-5051. Leave a message.
This training is sponsored by the Minneapolis Health Department.
Tababarka shahaadada maamulaha fayi-dhowrka cuntada iyo imtixaanka afka Soomaaliga ah
- 9 aroortii ilaa 2 fiidnimo
- Sebteember 25 iyo 26, 2021
- AWAC Services, 2305 Snelling Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Imtixaanka waxaa la qaadi maalinta labaad
- Shaqaalaha, maamulayaasha iyo mulkiilayaasha ka shaqeeya ganacsi cunto oo ay Minneapolis shati siisay waxay bixin $75
- Shaqaalaha, maamulayaasha iyo mulkiilayaasha ganacsiyada aan Minneapolis laga lahayn waxay bixin $175
Si aad isu qorto faldan wac oo fariin u reeb:
Farxiya Faarax 612-702-5051
Tababarkan waxaa soo qaban qaabiyey Waaxda
Caafimaadka ee Minneapolis
Food handler courses
Minneapolis Health Department
The Minneapolis Health Department offers three food handler training courses. Trainings average about 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours long. These are basic food safety training for food handlers. They are not CFPM trainings.
Food handler training courses and information.
Minneapolis Licensed food businesses can request voucher codes for their employees to take a training for free. The voucher codes allow their employees to take the food handler training for free.
University of Minnesota
A two-hour course offered by the University of Minnesota Extension Services is designed to inform and train food handlers. The course teaches safe food handling in an interactive "show ‘n tell" format. How to reduce or eliminate food handling risks are emphasized. This class brings the frontline staff and others interested in food safety into fuller awareness of safe food handling practices.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Personal hygiene
- Handwashing information and a handwashing exercise
- Prevention of foodborne illness through time and temperature compliance
- Protecting food from cross-contamination
- Maintaining a clean and safe workplace
Note: This class does not count as the Certified Food Protection Manager course or re-certification. See Certified Food Protection Manager information.