Environmental health complaint form

You can submit a complaint about a business regulated by the Minneapolis Health Department online or by calling 311.

Complaints regarding facilities regulated by Environmental Health – Food Safety can be filed online or by calling 311.

Complaints submitted will be promptly addressed by an area health inspector. Complaints regarding a suspected case of foodborne illness related to a Minneapolis restaurant should be filed with the Minnesota Department of Health at 1-877-366-3455.

The Minneapolis Health Department, the Minnesota Department of Health, and Hennepin County work together to investigate food borne illness complaints.

Complainant information is confidential and voluntary. Only required fields are necessary to submit a complaint.

In some cases, additional information is necessary for an investigation. If you do not wish to be contacted for further information, please indicate this at the bottom of the form.

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Environmental health complaint form

Contact us


Minneapolis 311


Office hours

7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Health Department

Environmental Health




Public Service Center
505 Fourth Ave S, Room 520
Minneapolis, MN 55415