We require the following for a stoop or stairs:
- Zoning and site plan review
- Construction plan review
We do not require a permit for a private sidewalk.
Homeowners and property owners can perform work on their own property without hiring a contractor. However, if a contractor is hired to perform the work, they must be licensed.
The information on this page relates to private property only. The Public Works Sidewalk Inspections Office oversees the construction and repair of public sidewalks. See Sidewalk Repair Options for additional information.
Before you start
Review the following:
- Site Plans
- Finding a licensed contractor
- Hiring a Residential Contractor – what do I need to know?
- Zoning Approval
- Property Line Information
- Property Line Location
- Specifications for Monolithic Concrete Sidewalk, Concrete Driveways, Concrete Curb And Gutter, Concrete Alleys