Homeowners can perform work on their own properties without a contractor.
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety shares fire safety and requirements for residences.
Before you start
Review the following:
- Interior Remodeling or Alterations
- Exterior Remodeling or Alteration
- Finding a licensed contractor
- Hiring a Residential Contractor – what do I need to know?
- Site Plans
- Zoning Approval
- Inspections Process
Egress window resources
- Finishing Basements within Existing Dwelling Units
- Basement Egress Windows and Examples – English
- Basement Egress Windows and Examples – Spanish
- Basement Egress Windows – Emergency Escape
- Escape and Rescue Window Policy