Animal-related business licenses

We list the applications for a new animal-related business licenses.

Listed below are the applications for a new license.  Before you begin, look at our instructions on how to apply for a business license.

License applications

Carnival  A traveling show with acts, games, vending machines, or amusement rides.  

Circus  A traveling show with acrobats, clowns, entertainers and/or trained animals.

Horse and Carriage Livery Services:  A horse-drawn carriage for hire.  

Pet Shop  (Commercial Animal Care Provider): The sale, grooming, breeding, or any other care of animals, reptile, fish or birds.

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415