Restaurants, bars and cafes

We provide information on licenses for restaurants, bars and cafes.

Explore this section

License applications

Here are our applications for a new license. Before you begin, see our instructions on how to . 

  • On-Sale 3.2 Beer : Selling 3.2 beer for drinking onsite the business. A restaurant license is included.
  • On-Sale Liquor : Selling liquor, wine or beer for drinking onsite the business. A restaurant license is included.
  • On-Sale Wine : Selling wine, and beer, for drinking onsite the business. A restaurant license is included.

Changes in ownership or operations

If you plan to change an owner or some of your business operations, you must first get approval from us. Failure to report this may lead to losing your license. Send us one of the following applications.



Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415


Minneapolis 311


Office hours

7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday