Asphalt Shingles and Roofing Material : A business that makes asphalt shingles or roofing materials.
- Billboard Erector: Installing, fixing, or removing billboards.
- Billposting: posting notices, posters or advertisements on walls, billboards or digital displays
Building Wrecker : Tearing down buildings.
Duct Cleaner / HVAC Class B : Cleaning air circulation or exhaust systems.
Fire Extinguisher Servicing : Testing, fixing, and charging portable fire extinguishers.
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Class A : Cleaning air circulation or exhaust systems and supervising the work of others.
Gas Fitter : Installing and repairing gas burning equipment and systems.
Oil Burner Installer : The installation or repair of any oil burner or equipment.
Plumber : Installing and fixing water pipes, faucets and toilets. If you also have a master gas fitter certificate of competency, you may also install or repair gas burning equipment.
Recycling Salvage Yard : An outdoor area used for storing recyclable or salvage materials, such as recycling centers or garbage dumps.
Refrigeration Systems Installer : Installing and fixing refrigerator equipment.
Residential Specialty Contractor : A person who:
- Owns or operates the business
- Negotiates contracts and
- Works on places with four or fewer living units
This license allows a person to do one of the following:
- Interior finishing
- Exterior finishing
- Drywall and plaster
- General installation
Roofers do not need a Minneapolis license. You must have a State of Minnesota license.
If you have a State of Minnesota Residential Building license, you do not need a Minneapolis license.
Resin Manufacturing : The production of resin.
- Sign Hanger: Installing, fixing or removing signs from a building.
- Sign Painter: painting signs, notices or billboards
Steam and Hot Water Systems Installer : Installing or fixing the following equipment:
- Steam and hot water heating
- Cooling and steam piping
Tree Servicing : Cutting, trimming, and removing trees or branches and/or applying pesticides. If you have a Garbage Haulers license you do not need a license to remove trees from the property.
- Competency Cards
- Department of Labor and Industry
- Forms for Registering a Doing Business as (Assumed) Name
- License Fees
- State Sales Tax ID Tax Number
- Federal Tax ID Number
- Bond, Billboard Erector
- Bond, Billposting
- Bond, Building Wrecker A
- Bond, Building Wrecker B
- Bond, Duct Cleaner
- Bond, Residential Specialty Contractor
- Bond, Sign Hanger
- Bond, Sign Painter