Your temporary stage and platform must comply with Minnesota state law.
You will need:
- Building Permit Application . Estimate your fees with our Fee Calculation Worksheet .
- Plot plan showing boundaries of the property and location and dimensions of the stage on the property with location and distance to the nearest fire hydrant.
- An electrical permit may also be required if electrical cords, lights or other equipment will be used in conjunction with the stage.
- A statement from a Minneapolis registered architect or engineer stating that the structure is capable of withstanding a minimum 150 PSF live load.
- The structure must provide a 42" high guardrail for public safety.
- Stairs shall have risers not more than 7" high and treads no less than 11" wide and have handrails not less than 34" high and not more than 38" high located on both sides.
- The width of the landings will not be less than the width of the stairways or ramps that they serve.
Accessibility, parking, seating, signage, ingress and egress for people with disabilities shall be in compliance with Chapter 1341 of the Minnesota State Building Code.
Submit applications to the Minneapolis Development Review Office
Contact Construction Codes Services for more information.