Outdoor sound permit

See City requirements for an outdoor sound permit application.

Permit requirements

Anyone using outdoor amplified sound (e.g., a speaker system) must have a Sound Permit.

You cannot use the sound system before 7:00 a.m or after 10:00 p.m.

Written neighbor notification must be sent to adjacent properties for reduced fee permits, and properties within a three hundred-foot radius for standard and event permits. In addition, special event amplified sound permit holders must notify the neighborhood association in the area the event is held. A copy of the written notice must be included with the permit application

How to apply

Outdoor Amplified Sound Permit

Permit fees

See Environmental Permit Fees

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us


Minneapolis Health Department

Environmental Health Permit






Make payment in person at:

Public Service Building
Minneapolis Service Center
505 Fourth Ave. S., Skyway level
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Mail a payment to:

Minneapolis Environmental Health
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 520
Minneapolis, MN 55415