After hours work permit

We require this permit for any construction work done Monday through Friday outside the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or anytime on Saturday, Sunday or City holidays.

Permit requirements

Monday through Friday outside the hours of 7:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m

Anytime on Saturday, Sunday or City holidays (federal holidays)

How to apply

After Hours Work Permit Application  

After Hours Work Notification Template  

After Hours Work Brochure

Permit fees

See Environmental Permit Fees

Exemption for residential used property owners

You may do construction work if you:

  • Have a valid rental license
  • Have tenants
  • Occupy a habitable residential used property

If you meet these requirements, you may work on your residential used property:

  • On weekdays from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
  • On Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • In an enclosed and insulated building that does not share a common wall with another:
    • Building
    • Occupant

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us


Minneapolis Health Department

Environmental Health Permit






Make payment in person at:

Public Service Building
Minneapolis Service Center
505 Fourth Ave. S., Skyway level
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Mail a payment to:

Minneapolis Environmental Health
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 520
Minneapolis, MN 55415