Institutional food

Institutions that serve meals in a group setting must be licensed.

License applications

Institutional Food : Meals served in a group setting.

Examples of institutions that serve food in a group setting:

  • Child care centers
  • Hospital cafeterias
  • Schools
  • Senior living facilities

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415