Car sharing

Businesses that rent cars for hourly use or for specific mileage use must be licensed by the City.

Before you begin, look at our instructions on how to apply for a business license.

Learn how to apply for a business license

License application

Car Sharing - A business that rents cars for use hourly or specific mileage. This does not include rental companies charging daily rates.

Read Car Sharing Policy

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Inspector Julie Casey



City Hall
350 Fifth St. S., Room 1
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415