If your driver picks up passengers in Minneapolis, the cab must have a valid taxi sticker. The Minneapolis license sticker must be on the left side of your cab’s rear window.
A cab operating without this Minneapolis license is violating the local laws.
The City will impose the following penalties on unlicensed cabs:
We may tow your cab to the Minneapolis Impound Lot immediately. The cab is evidence that you are operating without the required city license.
After you pay all citations, towing and storage fees, you can reclaim your vehicle at the Impound Lot.
- Fee: You will receive an Administrative Citation for $250. If you have prior citations, this amount will be between $500 and $2,000.
- Paying citation: You may pay this citation.
- If you choose to pay this citation, you must wait an entire business day to allow us time to process your paperwork.
- We accept cash, cashier checks, money orders and credit cards. We do not accept personal checks. Make cashier’s checks payable to the Minneapolis Finance Department.
- You have 20 days to appeal this citation. If you choose to appeal, you must attend an appeal hearing.