Closed Caption  (FAQ)

Q: When did the City of Minneapolis begin closed captioning, and what meetings are covered?
A: Minneapolis began providing closed captioning for certain meetings on January 6, 2020. Meetings that are captioned include meetings of: City Council and Council Committees, Planning Commission, Neighborhood & Community Engagement Commission, and Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board. 

Q: How and where do I access closed captioning?
A: Closed captioning is available for the live stream and replayed broadcasts of all meetings from Users can toggle captions on or off using the “CC” button on the video player.

Q: Who provides the closed captioning?
A: The City of Minneapolis uses an automated captioning system from Link Electronics. That contract is managed by the City Communications Department. 

Q: How accurate is the closed captioning?
A: Closed captioned videos are provided only as a public service. The accuracy of captioning depends on the clarity of speakers, audio capture by microphones, and accuracy of the data dictionary. The software used by the City does not have foreign language capabilities. The City makes no guarantee about the accuracy of these closed captions. Persons who require a verbatim transcript for any reason should consult an attorney or may need to hire a court reporter.

Q: How do I obtain official records of these meetings?
A: The closed captioning provided for these meetings does not constitute the official record of those proceedings. Official records for meetings of the City Council and Council Committees, Planning Commission, and Neighborhood & Community Engagement Commission may be obtained by contacting: Office of City Clerk, 612-673-2216 or email [email protected].

Q: What if I need an accommodation?
A: Individuals who require an accommodation (such as interpretation or assistive listening devices) may contact the ADA Coordinator, Neighborhood & Community Relations Department by calling 311 or 612-673-3737.

Official records for meetings of Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board may be obtained by contacting: 612-230-6400



Last updated Jan 14, 2020



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-263-6850.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Communications  ©1997-2020 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo