City Trees Program
2017 Program Details: Coming soon!
Plant a tree on your Minneapolis property for $25
Ordering begins in March 2017. More details will be posted by February 2017.
How does the program work?
- Visit Tree Trust to order your tree.
- You must pick the trees up in May at the Minneapolis Impound Lot.
- Trees are available for Minneapolis property owners including residents, businesses and nonprofits.
- Choose from several varieties and sizes of trees, including fruit trees.
- First-come, first-served-order early for best selection. Limit one tree per property, maximum three properties.
- Healthy trees look beautiful in your neighborhood, increase property values, help clean the air you breathe, absorb carbon dioxide, save on your energy bills with strategic planting, keep the city cooler in the summer, provide homes for wildlife and help manage stormwater.
- Some Minneapolis businesses and non-profits qualify for free trees. To learn more, visit the Minneapolis Green Business page.
General Program Information
Plant a tree. Create a shady spot in your yard and habitat for wildlife, save energy, absorb water runoff and increase property values.
Since 2006, the City of Minneapolis has funded the City Trees program, a low-cost way to help build the city's tree canopy. Trees are available for Minneapolis residents, businesses, and nonprofits.
The City Trees program has planted more than 10,000 trees in Minneapolis, an accomplishment made possible through the hard work of Tree Trust staff and volunteers.
- Visit the Tree Trust website to order a tree for your Minneapolis property. Some Minneapolis businesses and non-profits qualify for free trees. To learn more, visit the Minneapolis Green Business page.
The map below shows just how much the City Trees program has made a difference -- watch as trees from the past eight years help maintain and expand Minneapolis' urban tree canopy.
Map courtesy of Flat Rock Geographics.
Last updated Aug 3, 2016