Important notice for Transfer Station Users
- Until further notice the South Transfer Station will be open to Voucher Customers only. Cash and checks will no longer be accepted. Any voucher overages will be added to the Utility Bill account for the property.
- If you do not have a Voucher, you are not able to use the site at this time. Visit Hennepin County’s Landfill and transfer station web page to find alternative disposal locations while the transfer station is unavailable. Be sure to call ahead to verify materials accepted, hours, and fees.
1. If your name is on the Utility Bill for the property, call to schedule a voucher.
- Vouchers may be scheduled for a Tuesday - Saturday or for a specific Saturday.
2. If your name is not on the Utility Bill for the property, you must have the Utility Bill payer submit a Voucher Authorization Form for you to bring material to the South Transfer Station. After submitting the authorization form, call to schedule a voucher.
The person bringing the load of debris to the South Transfer Station must have either a valid Minnesota Driver's License or other approved State Identification.
Who may be authorized?
- A friend or family member, worker or garbage hauler, working for the Utility Bill payer
- The property taxpayer, who is not the Utility Bill payer
- A renter of the property
- An employee of the business, if property is a business
If the utility payer is a business or management company:
- Employee name and company name will be on the voucher.
- Employee listed on the Authorization Form, MUST also be the person bringing the debris to the South Transfer Station.
- Employee must show a valid Minnesota Driver's License AND a current utility bill with the company's name listed.
Authorization Form Instructions
- Fill out the 2021 Voucher Authorization Form and email or fax back to our office, or complete the form at the Solid Waste & Recycling office. The Utility Bill payer must sign the Voucher Authorization Form and provide a copy of their Minnesota Driver's License or other State Identification to Solid Waste & Recycling to validate the Voucher Authorization Form.
- Office hours for authorization forms are Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Utility Bill Payer MUST complete the Authorization Form.
- Utility Bill Payer must HAVE a current MN Driver's License/MN State ID that matches the name and address on the voucher.
- Utility Bill Payer must provide the name of the person bringing the debris to the South Transfer Station such as the taxpayer, renter, or the hauler with business name and daytime telephone number.
- All forms must be emailed to [email protected] for approval, and must include a copy of the Utility Bill payers MN Driver License or MN State issued ID.
- When the Authorization Form is completed and approved, call to schedule a voucher.
- When going to the transfer station, the authorized person must have a valid Drivers License or State Issued ID. This must be left with the attendant while they drop off the load. A hard copy of the ID is required. Images or scanned IDs are not accepted.
Last updated Jan 7, 2021