Public Works Logo

Public Works
350 South 5th Street
RM 203 City Hall
Minneapolis, MN  55415-1390

To contact, call 311.

Commercial Connections

One common situation for commercial or multi-unit buildings still connected to the sanitary sewer system is to have a roof drain that runs down through the building and into the sanitary sewage lines.

There are two routes for disconnection in this case.

One is to redirect the rainwater onto grade. This method is appropriate if there is sufficient drainage at grade to handle the flow during rainfall.


The second route is to install plumbing that directs rainwater to a storm drain underneath the street.



Last updated Feb 6, 2019



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-263-6850.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Minneapolis 311       ©1997-2020 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo